Skip to main content

Reply to "California Lawmakers Vote to Undo N.C.A.A. Amateurism"

collegebaseballrecruitingguide posted:
old_school posted:
collegebaseballrecruitingguide posted:
NorCalBBDad posted:

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. The players' allegiance will turn from the school to the sponsor. Imagine if Nike said to Zion "Wow Zion, that was close. Listen, we have too much money invested in you to take a chance on anything happening to you. We want you to take the rest of the season off - no ACC tournament or NCAA - and we'll give you another $20 million when you are drafted into the pros." The Golden Rule. He who has the gold makes the rules.

Does that sound like making money from their image, likeness or name? No, that sounds like something different, and therefore outside the intent of what they are doing. 

Yea because we know that when a state government that operates in a bubble where they believe they are the only group that matters create garbage legislation without any real thought or knowledge that there would be unintended consequences...outside of the intent. I am shocked. 

Keep up the good work. 

What is your general problem, man? Did mommy and daddy not tell you they love you ever?

My problem is not what government should be doing. We have enough problems without some bunch of yahoos in any state capital write ting some B S legislation that is going to have many unintended consequences and destroy college sports as we know them. 

I hate the NCAA but this law is ridiculous and will crush the games as we know them. You seem to have some pie in the sky fanatsy about this, fair enough but you are wrong and by the time folks like you figure it out it will be gone. 

It will crush mid majors and all small schools / non major conferences. I don’t particularly want watch 17 yr old freshman millionaires who will hold tremendous power. They are barely able to get to class, they need tremendous support they are children. 

To support this is delusional to the world and how business will get done.