Skip to main content

Reply to "Camera Suggestion"

It obviously depends on your needs.  I don’t have any expertise if you’re looking for high quality.  I’ve been looking for a an alternative as well and here’s what I’ve used or encountered.  

Last year I was using the Periscope app to live stream with iPhone. Twitter bought and has retired it but I think you can livestream with Twitter now too, but haven’t got that far.  I think it will store your feed, like periscope did.  Livestream is for the grandparents and family.  I use “the fence clip”, which is pretty solid on regular chain link, but isn’t great on backstop with netting.

Another dad on our team is testing the game changer team manager app’s livestream in the beta.  Seems to be getting better.  It doesn’t have a option to save or store the video   Just mentioning it in case someone is interested in livestream options too.    

A dad this weekend was using two GoPro Hero9s to get footage.  He setup one behind home and another closer to the dugout to get the batter.  I saw the behind home footage and it was really good quality in my opinion.  The feature I like too is the ability to live stream through your phone as your recording.  Also saw that GoPro subscription is $49/yr for unlimited cloud storage.  Pretty decent option as I’m no long a fan of maintaining external drives at home.  

Another simple setup I liked was a dad had a 5ft tripod with an iPhone/iPad set back about 15 feet from the fence.  Not gonna get the best quality but the fence was not a distraction in watching the video.  Might be an option for youth, probably not for HS depending on the seating.