Skip to main content

Reply to "Cameras vs Umpires -Consistency & Accuracy"

Stats4Gnats posted:

bballman posted:

No they're not.  They are using IR to review umps calls to help decide whether they were right or wrong.  The umps still make all calls.  This strike zone thing would take the ball and strike decision completely out of the umps responsibility.  It's completely different.

So would you like it better if the umps made the calls on pitches not swung at but those calls could be challenged?

I'm not a big fan of IR no matter how you use it.  I was simply pointing out another deception in your responses and argument.

Stats4Gnats posted:

All I'm trying to find out is why other than tradition there's such fear in wanting to see pitches not swung at being called more accurately.

Maybe this is part of your problem with understanding other people's perspective.  Why do you assume people have a FEAR of this change?  I don't think anyone FEARS the change, they just don't like it or agree with it...

And I don't think anyone, at least not me, is thinking this particular move would get rid of umpires.  I DO think it completely takes away a very important responsibility of umpires.  And I don't like that...