Skip to main content

Reply to "Camp Invitation"

RKBH posted:

5.  This is JUST my opinion - but I would think if a college coach is truly interested in a player, he or one of his staff members will make a personal phone call to that player. 

Check out NCAA rules regarding "making a personal phone call...." to players who are not yet within the allowed school year....2018's can be called and contacted by electronically D1 schools after September 1 this year. D2's can contact after June of Soph. year. There is no limitation on phone or email for D3's.

NTGson knew interest was true when the calls from coaches came to his phone on the first day allowed and his emails from schools increased significantly. At least 50% appeared to be generic, the balance very personalized with date or game or opponent, something to emphasize that the coach had been present in some fashion. His Mom and I stayed outside the communications loop although some coaches sent emails to him at our email address, especially those from two large showcases he attended.

NTGson is/was not a 'draftable, automatic D1 stud' by any measurement. He is a 6'0" LHP who topped out at 87mph as HS senior. But he competed at a very high travel ball level where he played and pitched well and carried a 4.3GPA and a 34 ACT into his senior year which prompted a large number of high-academic D1 schools to approach him, extend visit invitations, etc.

Last edited by NotThatGuy