Skip to main content

Reply to "Camp involving talking to admissions?"

Lebanonbb:

I suspect that contributors have been a bit slow to respond to your question because, unfortunately, the answer to your question is far from clear cut.

Knowing no more about your situation than what you describe in your post, I'd say that the most significant indicator would be that you were invited to a private camp. The fact that admissions is among the areas expected to make a presentation probably speaks well of what they tend to think about those of you who are invited. However, it's not all that unusual for admissions to be included in events of that type.

Unless you know someone who is a year or two ahead of you who attended the same camp (in which case, I'd pick up the phone and ask them what they thought of it), my recommendation would be that you try to attend the camp and form your own first-hand opinion of how serious the coaches are about those of you who were invited to attend (assuming that you have some legitimate interest in the school and baseball program). You should come away with a pretty good idea of the coaches' level of interest.

Best of luck to you!

P.S. If you decide to follow through, I'm sure that there are plenty of other players and their families who'd be interested in and benefit from your report after your return.