Skip to main content

Reply to "Camp Reports: Univ. of Oregon and High Point University (NC)"

Gunner Mack Jr. posted:

Norcalbbdad - I have to think Oregon vs High Point might be the craziest discrepancy between schools of all time!  I mean P5 vs Big South.   One question out of curiosity - is High Point still looking at 2020's?   We toured High Point to look at the school and I can only say its crazy unique.  They work on kids life skills, play classical music between classes, buildings have the feel that you are in Disney.   Its a cool place but wasn't the right fit for what we were looking.  We did see the field and the facilities are nice.

Yeah we did the campus tour too at the end of last summer, and it really was something else - as you said, the music, the statues, the fountains ... we toured Elon the next day and the Elon tour guide said "High Point. I hear that place is like a resort." She's not far off.

I think they are still looking for 2020s as they are a lower tier D1 school. I'm sure they have offers out to people that are waiting to hear from other schools themselves and that will shake out over the next few weeks. And as someone said, when it comes to pitchers, schools never really stop recruiting. My son just isn't in that batch. A kid from our school said he got an offer there, but when my son mentioned the kid's name the coach didn't know him, so who knows?