Skip to main content

Reply to "Campus Life"

Originally Posted by SluggerDad:

I think the hardest adjustment for my kid at his school is that there are  many relatively local kids who go to school there.  As a consequence, according to him,  on weekends the student population, which is already small,  shrinks by 30-50%.   Many of  the kids with cars, who are within a an hour or two from home, leave for home for the weekends often.  I know some schools prohibit freshman from having cars.  I think that would make a big difference at his school.  His own car is parked at home for the year.  Anyway, I think a big factor in evaluating campus life is whether the school empties out on the weekend or whether students tend to be around 24/7.  Though I suspect that may be more a freshman thing than an upperclassman thing and maybe even more a first semester freshman thing, than a second semester freshman thing.

I agree that is a problem.  I'm surprised to hear of it happening at a private school. Seems to be an issue in the Cal State system.  We know a player who left his school during freshman year because he got too lonely on weekends.