Skip to main content

Reply to "Campus Life"

I've seen many threads where the poster's family visit many schools and went through a detailed checklist of what they were looking for.  How many of you had their son go with the first school they "officially" visited?  

We visited a D3 school this weekend and we all loved it.  Son had a great time, loved the facilities, the school, the coaches and has been texting with his new friends since we got home.  I asked all the questions I could remember from this site about where he stands on their wish list and it seems like he is high on their list (and they started the meeting off by telling us they needed him due to graduation and they wanted him - along with 4 other pitchers).  I had thought they just saw him at Headfirst but they actually had seen him earlier in the summer and were watching for him at HF.  They told him he'd come in and contribute right away (potentially).  

So it was a good weekend for 2016.  My wife and I have been over it and can't seem to find any reason why he wouldn't just go there (other than cost which I still need to work on) and end this process now assuming they call him this week.  And of course I realize they may not call but we think they will.  Anyone else have their son go with the first offer that came in?  How did it work out?  

Just so we're clear the offer is that he'd be cleared through admissions and would have a roster spot in the spring - he'd need to apply for early decision on 11/15.