Skip to main content

Reply to "Can a cyber-friend be as good as any friend?"

quote:
I have never met my friend from Oregon whos son Jeff is going to be attending Duke University next year to play baseball and attend school. Duke is only 25 minutes from my home. But you can bet he can call me and I will be there for any reason at anytime no questions asked. If he needs money its his. If he is broke down I am there. If he has a problem and needs to talk I will be there. If he needs a home cooked meal my wife will be there for Jeff. Whatever he needs we will be there for him.

Coach May: I can't tell you how grateful I am that you would say this, nor how comforting it is to know that when I send my son 3000 miles away for school, that he has a person of your character nearby in case he ever needs something.

You are one of the first people I ever "met" on this site. Within two minutes I knew that you were a person I wanted to get to know very well. I look forward to this fall, when I am sure we will meet for the first time in person.

And I especially look forward to next spring, sitting in the stands watching our boys compete! Won't that be something?

Thanks again.