Skip to main content

Reply to "Can non Travel Players Get to the Next Level?"

baseball_swagg posted:

Thanks so much for the advice. Anytime I can get good input is a plus. What do you think of college camps held by a school (such as a Clemson camp, or Tennessee for example)? Are they to pay the coaches or a legitimate way to get seen? I feel it depends on the school and the level of interest, but that's me.

I would say stay away from the camps unless you are throwing 90+ or were personally invited by the college coach (either directly or thru a trusted baseball contact). 

2019 went to a camp at a school he should've had no problem playing at. He hit 90. Problem was there were 150 kids at the camp. Coaches got bored and stopped paying attention after the 4th scrimmage. Head coach left for the day 2 hours earlier. He threw the hardest at the camp and nobody was watching. No follow up email, nothing. 

It is mostly a money maker and they will invite kids they are highly interested in so they can get a look and talk to them while they're on campus. 

PBR seems to be a good money saving option. Email some schools you are interested in and think you can play at and see where they will be this summer.