Skip to main content

Reply to "Can non Travel Players Get to the Next Level?"

My son played 19U Legion after his freshman and Sophmore years,  only played travel ball after his junior HS season.  His Sophomore year, he made the All Legion team and invited to a free showcase, where he had College’s reach out.  Admittedly, they were “lesser” schools,  but it was interest.  Plus, we’ll never know if that was also the start to the D1 interest he received, invite to Area Code Games tryout, etc.

If you are able to play Legion this summer, I would reach out to your town’s representative.  Let him know you want to play at the next level, gain exposure and see what options are out there.  I’m sure he’ll want to promote you as it’s good for your Legion team.

I would not stay away from camps, even if not throwing 90.  But find ones that have multiple schools and those that fit for you.  Many schools work with each other and you should be able to find some with 8-10 schools present.  My son went to one of these this past summer and eventually received 2 mid-D1 offers from schools at that camp and interest from a few more D3.  Now, the offers only came after they came out to watch him pitch in games for his travel team.

UCONN has a 2019 commit who only played Legion ball, so it happens.

Good luck!