Skip to main content

Reply to "Can you be drafted without being contacted?"

GM,
I doubt any of us were scouts or scouting supervisors or worked in a front office.
So what?
There is a thread just above this one devoted to someone named bbscout. He spent many years on this site and was about as helpful and supportive as any poster. He never talked down to anyone and helped a ton of us, including me.
Look, our son was a "college senior" sign, one of those you would call a "filler" and organizational player. Some scouts did just that. At least one thought of him as a player and got him drafted.
bbscout talked about him in terms of Bill Mueller comparisons. bbscout and the one who drafted and signed him seemed to know what they were doing.
It just seems to me there are ways to communicate information and experience.
bbscout had ways of expressing himself which led Julie and others to want a complete section of this site named for him when he died.
It is great to learn about what happens in a draft room during those 3 days in June. Many posters new to this site, especially those hoping their son's number and name will be called, would love to hear the inside information.
There are ways to communicate what happens that can energize or be a turn off.