Skip to main content

Reply to "Can you be drafted without being contacted?"

quote:
Originally posted by YoungGunDad:

I think Joe has espoused some very good knowledge on the subject at hand, and I look forward to hearing more from him in the future.

YGD

Really,what knowledge has he provided that you have never heard here?

You are telling me that EVERY player is drafted for future ML potential yet after a certain round the GM leaves and the guys put their feet up on the table, read the paper and eat their ham sandwiches. Pretty serious stuff for picking out future major leaguers, huh?

No they do that because those later guys just have to be decent enough to play with their money prospects. yes once in awhile a prospect slips and he gets paid good money and yes most know that ALL ML contracts regardless have to have a stamp of approval from MLB. And yes every once in a while you will find a future star, not too much these days, things have changed, tools for scouting have changed.

Now don't get me wrong we have seen many get drafted late, then go to school to grow up and improve and now playing in the upper levels, that really has nothing to do with the original question asked.
Last edited by TPM