Skip to main content

Reply to "CANADIANS PLAYING US COLLEGE BALL"

Bobble,

Cameron is my youngest of 3 boys that have played baseball, my older 2 boys strickly played for OBA Rep teams and never got the quality and dedicated coaches and opportunities that Cameron has received. Cameron has also played for The Ravens and the Niagara Renegades. Team Ontario does do a lot of scouting though and saw Cameron at the Canadian Championships in Windsor and invited him out for a try-out, they also scouted the Ontario Elimation Tournament, They also were scouting when they played the other teams in the PBLO because Cameron pitched against them when he played for the Niagara Renegades and asked about him at that point also. We do have 4 kids on the team from Windsor and many other parts of Ontario. They usually hold 2 open try-outs and 2 invite-only tryouts from there scouting reports. The cost for the team this year was $4,200.00 but for what they receive in the tournaments and exposure is well worth it, this amount also covers there food. It is not all about the money because they will do everything in there power to see that a child has the opportunity to play, regardless of finances. I agree that there are many more great players here in Ontario and I do not think they are misrepresenting the name. Until you had posted it never even came to my mind. I do not misreprent the name either, My son plays for Team Ontario, I never beleived it had all the best players in Ontario. I really don't care what name they have I only know about the time and dedication and skills of these great coaches we have. Cameron's 16 year old team this year did play in the senior division of the PBLO and I think it only benefits them to play against this great opposition. His coach dosen't care if they lose, only that they play there best mentally and physically at all times. They also teach them to be good young men both on and off the field.