Skip to main content

Reply to "Candidates for: "Biggest Surprises of the 2007 MLB Draft""

quote:
Originally posted by Shepster:
What an honor to be involved in such a worthwhile endeavor and actually witness fruit from my labor with my own two eyes as a small piece of the puzzle in the bigger scheme of things. I am typing this message in a business center in Tampa and must say that Reggie Williams has a list of top prospects on one team that includes many draft eligible players and all deserve a shot to be seen and evaluated by the baseball establishment. Many reps were here today and couldn't believe their eyes. Reggie Williams is doing a fantastic job here with these inner city kids he has with 60 players in all that certainly deserve consideration for grants and other support from Major League baseball and our government. There "ARE" minorities playing baseball in Tampa Bay regardless of what you have heard, every ballpark within a 30 mile radius was full of teams and players from the Gulf of Mexico back to the far east side of Tampa Bay! In my opinion, based on my observations, some of these leagues qualify for Urban League money for Inner-city needs. I know because I have been in a great deal of these parks in the past two days. It will be good for the Tampa Bay area here, and most importantly, will change lives that would not otherwise, be afforded the opportunity here in the Tampa Bay area. A mission that I am thankful to be a part of that will benefit all. Reggie is very excited about these players and looks forward to raising the necessary funds to do great things including taking a team to Jupiter next time around. Come see for yourselves! You will not believe your eyes! peace Shep