Skip to main content

Reply to "Catcher AND Pitcher...is that a problem?"

Originally Posted by TPM:

Elder...lol. Thanks, I will remember that.

What is 80+ anyway?  There are lots of kids that throw hard, that DOES NOT make them a pitcher.  Seems like he wants to be a catcher, but there is a big possibility he will turn pitcher. If the coach says you will pitch, he will, but that is not the discussion, its whether too much throwing is any good for anyone, no matter which position they will end up playing some day.

One of my sons teammates in college came as a position player. He left as a pitcher, he hated it, so did his parents.  But he wasn't going to get drafted very high as a position player with a lose arm than a hitter with speed who couldn't hit. He was a pitcher for the Yankees, in ML.

Whats your point anyway?

Would you prefer Mrs. Elder????...sorry your 10K+ posts give you away!

Sadly I think you are right...my son did really well at pitching last night posting a pretty big number, mastering every odd grip they showed him, the ball was defying the laws of motion (totally freaky to watch), and the coaches were ecstatic...but when he got in the car he looked heart broken.  He accidentally hurt one of his teammates last night because he was pitching so hard, and also said he was terrified that now all he will be allowed to do is rest/pitch/hit..rest/pitch/hit...and he will never see the field again!  Then he said, once again, that he REALLY doesn't like pitching and in the same breath asked when the next catcher only practice was... so this topic was on my brain a bit today and yes, I was off topic, but I figured it was my thread, and I could hijack it if I wanted to