Skip to main content

Reply to "Catcher height"

RJM posted:
Madmax8541 posted:

It's all about continous conditioning and agility for speed and accuracy. My son his senior year stood 6'3, popped consistent 1.77 - 1.80, catcher velocity was at 79 mph, the day of the short fat kid behind the plate has long since died..lol, stay strong and fast! NO LIFTING FOR STRENGTH! NO PITCHING! ...become an agile brick wall...

Can I be your son’s agent? He has a better pop time than every MLB catcher. 

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/poptime

Like I said, hopefully by the grace of God he stays the course, goes without injury and makes it to that level. But if your being sarcastic or doubt it? That's fine, but I would recomend reaching out to some of the college scouts/PBR agents and enquire about some of the pops getting recorded these days. Like I said man, remember the name and maybe one day  if blessed to that dream and your a good agent he will consider your offer, if not? He would have had 4 great years of college ball and hopefully become a great attorney. I may add? Sir, if you took the time to view that video? And that was a warm up..he throws lazers man!! The topic was tall catchers and the concern, my answer is, your mind is your limit! Oh! His first college fall debut at bats were back to back home runs!!  Clinton Massie high school creates smart strong athletes. The school in the middle of nowhere. I have a few better videos that I'm certain would convince you more that I'll try and transfer from the video camera to this format. Also, another incredibly fast catcher from the area who to look for Zade Richardson! Cincinnati ohio has some of the best youth baseball programs around man...please dont use the flames coach incident as a benchmark...lol

Last edited by Madmax8541