Skip to main content

Reply to "Catcher/Pitcher talk...."

QUOTE]
(Asst Coach) It looks like a convention out there, pretty soon they’re gonna call the role. (Head coach) GET OUT THERE!. (Asst coach) whats goin on here? (Crash) Well.. one of Knuke’s eyelids are jammed, and we need a live chicken?.. live chicken to get the hex off of Jose’s glove, and nobody seems to know what to get Jimmy or Millie for their wedding present. We are dealing with a lotta "Stuff" out here. (Asst. coach) Well uhhh candlesticks are always nice and maybe a place setting…lets go get em.
[/QUOTE]

This makes a good point. I also agree with JH to a point. Another of my favorite lines is from "For the Love of the Game".

Gus Sinski: "The boys are all here for ya, we'll back you up, we'll be there, cause, Billy, we don't stink right now. We're the best team in baseball, right now, right this minute, because of you. You're the reason. We're not gonna screw that up, we're gonna be awesome for you right now. Just throw."

I know its just a movie, but, how in the world can you not get motivated with that line. The last 2 lines are the important ones in this case I think. These young men are still motivated by the strike out. Just throw it to the mit and let the team do their jobs. Just focus on that, hitting your spots.

Maybe what he's learning is what we as adults may take for granted. The skill to recognize that communication is a personal, individualized and unique thing. He just needs to figure out how to communicate with this particular pitcher. (easier said than done) He atleast knows of one way that doesn't work.
Last edited by slbaseballdad