Skip to main content

Reply to "catchers gear"

Originally Posted by Scotty83:
Although the things some people do shouldn't suprise me these types of things some how still do. Sorry I couldn't care less what my catchers equipment color is. He can wear bright pink for all I care. I'm a coach not a fashion designer. Maybe if coaches spent less time worrying about how their catcher looks and more worrying about how he plays we would have better trained catchers at the HS level.

At that level, why shouldn't a coach be allowed to ask for that?  It is actually a minor requirement.  There is a certain aspect of the game where "uniformity" plays a role.  A team that has all matching uni's, gear looks good and presents a good look for organization.  My son played for a top level summer team and they had to wear certain uni's, depending on the uni of the day, gear had to be clean, shoes had to be clean...you didn't go on the field until your stuff was maintained to team standards.....not one kid complained, they all knew what was expected, they knew they were representing not only themselves, but the organization...so, I don't see why it should be any different in HS

Last edited by lefthookdad