Skip to main content

Reply to "Catching mask"

Originally Posted by BishopLeftiesDad:
Originally Posted by Backstop1512:

Okay guys, so I am a catcher recently going into High School. I have worn a hockey mask for all my life. I haven't had much problems with it. I have an All Star MVP4000 and I love it. As I continue to get older I keep seeing more and more traditional style masks. I also thought they were cool looking, and after doing some research on them, I have read some Pros and Cons. Most Cons were saying how it doesn't cover ears, or their state doesn't approve it. The Pros were that it gave less of a chance of concussion because it falls off after impact. I'm just wondering, going into my High School years on what mask I should wear.

Thanks!

Does your state require the hockey style? There has been a lot of talk and debate about this topic. Search this forum and you will probably get more info than you have time to read. 

In Ohio it is a moot point. In HS the Hockey style mask is required. However many kids wear the traditional in the Summer.

Thank you BishopsLeftiesDad for replying. I will do some research on that. I see lots of kids wearing them so I will see. Thanks again!