Skip to main content

Reply to "CCL Cancels 2020 Summer"

@baseballmom posted:

As of yesterday, June 20, there are 3247 hospitalized with Covid 19, an increase from Wednesday of 2947..."almost twice as many as Memorial Day" (about 1500).

Here's the chart:  https://www.texastribune.org/2...us-hospitalizations/

Be careful! Be mindful!

I encourage people to look at the data for themselves.  The chart below (taken directly from the CDC) shows "excess total deaths" (above the yellow line) in the state of Texas over the last 3 years and runs through the first week of June 2020.  The flu caused more "excess deaths" in the state of Texas back in January 2018 than COVID-19 has. The facts are that most states (except those immediately surrounding NYC) have seen very little excess mortality.

Something really bad happened around the world, in NYC and surrounding areas.  We don't know why those areas were hit so hard, but the rest of the country has not been devastated.  Relying on any news source to tell you what is really happening is a mistake.  I'm not saying don't be smart, I'm saying don't be manipulated.  Traveling to summer league games is more dangerous than Covid is.

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 8.58.58 PM

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 8.58.58 PM
Last edited by Pedaldad