Skip to main content

Reply to "Chance to play in college"

Well, the boys certainly have some tools and/or projectability.  

Trying to offer up something others haven't...

Where do you live?  Are they able to make a trip to the states at some point for a few key exposure events?

If you live anywhere near where the Alaskan Baseball League plays games, you may want to try to utilize that resource.  You could possibly ask a coach for an evaluation.  I think if one of those coaches sees numbers like what 2019 currently has, he would be willing to help you out and take a look.  Most of those coaches are current college coaches and may have needs and certainly network with other college coaches that are always looking for players.

I think it would be important to put together a video.  There is tons of info here on putting together a good one.  

If it's feasible, maybe you can take a trip down to the states for a week or so and include an appropriate showcase, key tourney or the right prospect camp.  This is going to sound very weird but your situation is somewhat similar to that of many players in Calif.  There are so few in-state openings as compared to supply of players, that many good players have to go across the country to find a spot.  Sometimes it isn't feasible to make trips to showcases or school visits where those coaches can see them personally.

I'm curious to hear what resources are available to you, if any...  any decent legion or travel ball at all?  Training facilities?  Ex-players who they can train with and take lessons from?

Lastly, regarding your walk-on question...  you can search threads here based on topic.  Be sure to read up.  There are different types of walk-ons and you generally want to avoid true walk-on if at all possible.