Skip to main content

Reply to "Chance to play in college"

Update: 

It's been awhile. Both boys are playing well. Surprisingly well for the 2021.I appreciate the help you all have recommended. Mom has watched and seen both contribute to our program. Our school is now using Fieldlevel and its gotten a few of the boys contacted. Thanks for the info.

11 games in:

2021 .592 BA .703 OBP 16 hits in 27 at bats. No K's. 1 triple, 2 2b, 6 RBI, 6 SB-starting 2B/3B,  batting leadoff for Varsity. Accepted into the Varsity AA Legion program. which isn't saying much up here. He's faced 3 of the top pitchers in the state and hit lights out. He's playing out of his mind. I keep telling him the baseball gods are fickle. I think the numbers will adjust later in the season. It's coming too easy right now. 

2019 2 games pitched, 7 innings 15 Ks. 3 BB. No hits. avg 80-82 high 84.  Noticing that his baseball love may be waning- would rather be fishing, hiking/camping/hunting, and friends-girls are talked about a lot more than earlier.. Summer is calling, reality/life is rushing up on him, and I let the boys choose their destinations in life as they grow into young men.  It's a game after all, he says. " I'll play if it fits into my plan." Oh- too be young again.  Typical junior. Awaiting ACT scores. 

Both have slipped academically , holding 3.3 GPA each. The talent level has slipped this year from the past in this region. They? ( mostly likely 2021)  may be attending the PG Showcase in WA in Oct- and the AZ Fall Classic. I'll have to go with him, the only way mom will allow it.That's $2500 at least. The 2021 is pushing to go out to gauge where he is.He's traveled before (twice)and produced with older teams.At 13 yo playing 16U and 11yo with 14U. Not quality tournaments though. Just WA (open?) and AZ  USSSA Majors (i think it was?) kids.  Typical freshman. The 2019 is looking to go to GCU or  U of Washington for academics and life experience. Typical junior. 

The Coach/dad experience has been trying at times, but a blessing all the time. Not being the head coach, and only focusing on the pitching for our program has been great. No drama. Get to work at my craft while I watch them grow up. 

Thanks for all the help,

Alaskan