Skip to main content

Reply to "Chance to play in college"

the numbers have jumped a little- not much

2019 is at 6.78 unofficially and doesn't work at it. Fastest on our team by a lot. he's got the most talent too. Just like my dad used to say about his brother. He didn't play, but went to college (PAC -10 in those days) for track, but then stopped halfway for future wife. Never regretted it either, much as I suspect 2019 won't either.

2019 has had a couple of track looks right now also in by a  local D II for the 400 & triple jump. He told them that while he appreciated the visit but he's going to school outside of Alaska. He loves Seattle, Arizona and the Napa region of CA. I don't see him coming back up after college.

2021 6.9 unofficially - he's really nipping at older brothers heels now. but he also works at it and the game a lot more. Hes usually in our cage or bouncing the ball against the wall working on glove-work when I've got a senior in the cage or on the bump. he hangs out with the seniors and he's been around the program since he was a little dude. Literally have to tell him to go outside our shop some days to go fish or clear the baseball mind. I don't want the burnout that some go through. Even I want a break to fish somedays......

He's hitting all the measurable stats when I look at his age group on PG and Northwest baseball. He throws OK ( 78-80) from 3B and hits exit velo ok-  83-86 . he's still growing - gained about 15lbs to to sit at 165. decent sized freshman..... 

Thanks again for this forum. I see most of questions are answered before I have to ask them. the best place to go when I have a question on the college process.

So much has changed since when I was a kid.

I have had no problem having a coach take a look at any of my others, we have 3  going off to a small community college this year in Montana.

It's when they asked about mine do I start to hem and Haw. I'm pretty blunt, but it's also my kid. They saw him as a eighth grader last year and they asked who he was. I told them he's mine, what grade he's in and he's got along way to go before that dream. And that was it.  I said My head coach addresses anything when a college coach asks for film, stats, or contact info. Keeps us well rounded up here and program oriented. As a dad, the pride was up that day and quickly deflated by the wife... who reminded me that I'm a old, washed up Juco -BP- tossing dad. and 2021 was a 8th grader....

thanks,

Alaskan