Skip to main content

Reply to "Chance to play in college"

Update- as we get close tor regionals. 2019 popped 90 on the bump (93 on pull downs) a few times this year. Sitting 86-87. Last start 5 IP, 12Ks 6 BB. Walking quite a bit this season 16 BB in 15 IP. His  focus is on developing his command better during Legion season. Throwing " hard for alaska" up here is ok, but not at the next step. Graduates Thursday. 

2021- Starting SS, 3 Hole, hitting .551 (27 for 49) for the season, 4 2Bs, 4 3Bs,  20 RBIs, 22 SB, .600 for league. Pitching up here is not anywhere near what lower 48 is. most kids are sitting 75-72. In some cases lower. pitching wise- he's sitting 84 mph, only pitched 6.2 IP and struck out 12. 8BB 

Only 2 league games left, then Regionals, then hopefully State.

What's the next step for next year?

Is PG a good choice?  There's one in Washington in Sep. I think he has good speed (6.7) and exit velo 89 (w/wood) 94 (w/metal). Earlier posts recommended it. I didn't realize it was $650 dollars plus airfare and room. so about 1500 dollars for two people.

2021 will be a junior, and he's got to focus on his grades to get it up to 3.5. for our primary goal and getting stronger. He's 6' 1 165 lbs - he lost weight during basketball season but is definitely stronger this year.

Another question? How to I keep him playing Basketball? He  pretty good at that, and I don't  like specialization in sports. He just wants to play baseball. I think it will get boring and monotonous during the winter for him.   

Sorry for the rant...

Alaskan