Skip to main content

Reply to "Chance to play in college"

Update:

We just finished the Alaska Legion season for 2019.

2019: Great summer, earned money working, worked out all summer, great season, 2-1, 17 IP =24Ks. Consistently 85-90 mph-just finished packing for AZ. His New HC says conditioning starts in a week.....Whew!

2021 had a great season. Pitching was great 3-0 2 SV 20.1 IP 29K  6 BB. Made All-State as a Infielder. Hit a couple of HRs for Legion.

2021 Was invited to a MLB scout showcase  this summer. He got his measurables done by a 3rd party there: 86 FB 72 CV 76 CH, 6.79 60yd, 86 EV, 87 IF from SS. He's 6'1, 157 lb. Still scrawny in my eyes. Won't be able to go to a showcase this year but will attend the Senior Fall Classic in AZ in October. He will pitch and be a SS/OF.

Question? Some of the scouts took his phone number and asked him some questions about the what positions he likes playing,etc. I would say pretty vanilla stuff to ask a 2021. Why would they taking his phone numbers? They talked to me, but it was more about the fishing in the area . After reading the Forum, i know better than to be "that dad". Our HC talked to a few of them. 

We started preparing a video to send out to schools he has got a interest in and will send it out as soon as it is complete. 

Thanks again for the replies and messages. Alaska does not have the network of baseball recruiting or as many showcases for kids to be noticed, but with your help, along with some friends, my boy (2019) has been able to get noticed and gets to play college ball in the lower 48. We only had approximately 288 kids playing Legion AA baseball.