Skip to main content

Reply to "Change vs. Curve"

quote:
Originally posted by TPM:
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerbread Man:
TPM,

How is the weather down there in Florida? It rained here a little yesterday, otherwise nice and sunny.

Whenever you can't come up with an answer you turn to the weather.

GBM,
I offer you the challenge once more, provide some information that the CB is the best "off speed" pitch in professional ball, second to the FB.

Then we can chat about the weather.

I already made the statement that when I first mentioned "curveball" I was using it in the context to refer to a breaking pitch such as both the true curveball, the slider, and anything inbetween. I think pretty much everyone but you understood that clarification. I also showed to you that I do know the difference between a slider and a curveball and also showed where there can be some confusion, especially at the HS level on how to individually classify each breaking pitch. So, for the last time to clarify my statement-

The breaking ball is the best offspeed pitch in baseball. That includes both the curveball, slider and any pitch inbetween those two as some may classify. If you would like to be any more techincal perhaps we can hire lawyers to write it up in a 10,000 page document. Perhaps we can then let them go address the issue to congress.
Last edited by Gingerbread Man