Skip to main content

Reply to "CheaP shot"

The cheap shot hit was not a mistake. His decision to deliver it, without question, was.

What you have said CBMDad is the reason I'm so motivated to do something to try and help make sure that something like this doesn't happen again.

Of course, we all know that something just like this will absolutely happen again, but the punishment should be severe so as to act as a strong deterrent to cowards or hotheads. Innocent and unsuspecting competitors should not have to have their health and playing career put in jeopardy by a most cowardly act. There is enough risk just playing fairly, why allow an increase of that risk by not policing the bad guys?

As Innocent Bystander suggests, Austin O'Such can redeem himself if he chooses to do so. I sincerely hope that Austin makes that wisest choice. And I think his redemption should start at the lowest point possible. Harsh punishment should put Austin in a deep, dark hole. The perfect setting for serious contemplation.

The choices he makes on his road to total and rejuvenating redemption will ensure that he will be welcomed back by decent people who expect decent behavior. It will be a very tough and wrenching road, but one with lots of opportunities for reflection along the way. The journey hopefully started before he reached his dug out the other day.

Last edited by gotwood4sale