Skip to main content

Reply to "CheaP shot"

I posted the original link after my son sent it to me after our “what would you do” conversation about the Yuba City incident. Like everyone else I was shocked and disgusted by the actions of the left fielder. I immediately thought about how I would feel if that was my son on second base or a teammate. I also agree that punishment must be handed down…Like Gotwood has said many times to prevent others from ever think about taking the same kind of action.

I liked what Gotwood posted:
I do not have any sympathy for him, but for the sake of a better world generally, I do hope that he comes to terms with this quickly and in a most positive manner as possible. There will be, deservedly, near overwhelming pressure on the decision makers who will ultimately affect the outcome of this sorry event. They should be in everyone's prayers as well. Fortunately the camera was on...and it didn't lie. There is no changing that. And the decision makers know that. The rosin is out of the bag. The pine tar is out of the bottle. And the seeds are out of their shells. There are no 'do overs' here.

However if it is true that the punishment started at 4 games and then because of pressure went to 8 games and then because of more pressure went to forever then I wonder if that will be good enough.
Gotwood said that he hopes Austin comes to terms with this quickly and in the most positive manner as possible. To do that I think the decision makers should decide and then stick to their decision and not keeping changing decisions based on public pressure. This is kinda like cruel and unusual punishment. Determine his punishment, and then hopefully Austin will decide what he can do above and beyond the punishment handed down to deal with this in the most positive manner.

I am not sure what is the right amount of justice is here but to keep raising the punishment based on public pressure is like mob justice and I am sure that is not fair.