Skip to main content

Reply to "Cheech & Chong Baseball"

Freshman year of HS. Son is a freshman playing on varsity. There's a kid on the team who had a tendency to make some questionable throws on defense. I asked my son one day "Is XXXX a bit of a space cadet?" His answer was "XXXX and YYYY go behind the outfield fence before every practice and sit there smoking pot. He's always high."

Collegiate Summer League team. Watching the team from a far. One kid rarely plays but he always seems like he's happy. I mentioned to my son that he seems like an upbeat kid and it's too bad he doesn't get much of an opportunity. My son's reply was "You don't know. I have never seen him when wasn't high. He's always stoned."

College fall scrimmage game. There's a transfer on the team that we know and he's a great hitter. He didn't play, which was surprising. After the game, I asked my son if he was injured. He says: "He told the coach not to play him today and then he told us in the dugout that he was so high on mushrooms that he didn't even remember driving there."