Skip to main content

Reply to "Cheech & Chong Baseball"

I am actually still trying to figure out the purpose of the post that Francis titled "Cheech and Chong Baseball".

Cheech and Chong are comedians. I am trying to find the humor in the post. Am I missing something?

Was this post supposed to be funny?

Francis, I will also share a story.

Without giving too many specific details, one player that was on sons HS travel team turned down his college commitment and drafted pretty high and turned pro out of HS.  The ironic part of the story, his close friend who also played on the same travel team was drafted by same team (not that high) and gave up his college commitment also. Everyone thought it was so cool, 2 friends off to play together.

It turned out, a few years later, that one was an addict, the other had supplied his drugs at one point. One, several years  later committed suicide, the other went to jail.

The one good thing about this story, which was big in the local news, I think, changed a lot about how MLB went about addressing the drug problem among their players.

These days, getting high is not illegal, but getting high and showing up to play ball in HS or college summer ball is real bad news and not funny.

It's just stupid.

Last edited by TPM