Skip to main content

Reply to "Chewing tobacco"

So, I was perusing this thread even though I’m a dad, but couldn’t help but comment on this subject matter. I’m not naive to know kids don't experiment with tobacco etc.  I was 16 years old too and tried chewing tobacco. Thankfully it was a very short phase.

However, being in the healthcare and oncology field specifically, I can tell you the worst treatment is for “Head and Neck” cancer. This cancer typically involves oral and nasal cavities, Surgery, radiation and chemo is the absolute worst. Ever had an ulcer with braces on your teeth or eating too much citrus? Imagine that x100! it’s nearly impossible to drink or eat because your mouth is ulcerated so bad from the chemo/rads, not to mention what your facial deformity might look like after surgery. 

I could share stories of patients I’ve seen during and after surgery and therapy. I think you all get my point. If not, perform a quick search. Below, is the first that appeared for.  Realistic in my opinion. If nothing else, know that girls like wintergreen GUM more so than Skoal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...y_life_and_education

Attachments

Images (2)
  • 33BE0AD9-7507-4971-AD9B-01C685C18536
  • 90A7318C-0039-4EF2-BD09-4EC98E010E9B: Side effects of radiation.