Skip to main content

Reply to "Chicago Public League"

Did anyone see the Tribune Article on the Shaw kid from Harlan? Quite a story and you have to hope for success especially hard for a kid like this.

My son's team played Young this year as they have for a few years and I was quite impressed with some of the talent they had. Makes you wonder how good they could be if they had the resources that our school has. I'm sure the story is the same at other top Public League Baseball Schools. I thought that Young had only one coach on the Varsity level...maybe that was just one day, but if you give them 3 Varsity Coaches and a facility like ours and I'm sure these schools would be competing for State Championships just as some of the Suburban Schools have been on a regular basis, and even more kids from the Public League would get recognition and college oportunities.

It would be great to see some outside sources help with funding if possible. I can't think of a better way to see baseball money spent. I really liked that story on Shaw. How about a showcase by PBR, MVP, White Sox Academy or one of the outfits that runs them with the Public League Baseball Programs benefiting?