Skip to main content

Reply to "Christmas Gift for Aspiring Pitcher"

As many folks have mentioned, I may steer more towards other things for college besides baseball.  I know its hard, but it maybe the better choice in the long run.  Headphones and a new phone maybe good.  Unless your playing for top Power 5 football or basketball team its bus city for you.  They will be spending hours on busses getting between games.  Gift cards for food (bdubs, chic fil a, etc) are always appreciated.  Especially if they are living in the dorms.

If you don't have it, subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime.  A new smartTV is good.  If they do not have a smart TV roku or apple tv are good choices.

Finally take a look at his laptop.  If its more then a few years old, consider upgrading it.  I would check with the college to see what is the most prominent on campus.  My guess is its a MacBook.  Most college kids seem to be using those these days.  It should not matter what they bring on campus (MacBook or Windows, but not Chromebook), but it may.  My older son went off to college with a shinny new Windows computer.  Three weeks in he called and was asking for a MacBook.  Turns out most of the profs were using MacBooks and everything they did was demo'd, passed out and handed in on MacBooks.  In theory things should translate back and forth but that is not always the case.