Skip to main content

Reply to "Chronic hamate pain (not broken)..."

Thanks @used2lurk

I suspect that there could be a mess of stuff in there. In the past, for years, he always had that nasty sore on his hand right in that spot that would never go away (because he hit so much). I am sure that area of his hand has taken a beating.

Funny thing is that in an older thread here, someone referenced a noted doctor who said CT Scan is better than a MRI for seeing the fracture because the MRI is too throughout to see the fracture.

And, my son's CT scan was looked at by the radiologist and one orthopedist and they were convinced no fracture. And, the second orthopedist said he couldn't see a fracture but thought that a MRI could be useful to confirm. So, we're really hoping that it's a bone bruise and maybe he will feel better after a couple of weeks of no use and warmer weather?

I'm not against taking it out even if not fractured given his history and what you said. But, it would be better to do that in November than March. The poor kid is already upset that he might be punting one of his four years of eligibility with this now.