Skip to main content

Reply to "Claremont Mudd Scripps Baseball vs Pomona Pitzer Baseball"

@JCG posted:

I'm always surprised when anyone says they prefer CMC's campus to Pomona's.  Pomona is sweet, like an eastern small town college campus, with lots of old trees, and the buildings integrated into the town street grid, only with neo-Spanish architecture instead of Gothic or Georgian.  CMC is more self-contained, which has some advantages, and has a some cool modern buildings, but most of it dates to the 1950's - not exactly a high point in design.  Pitzer is very slick -- it looks more like a resort in Scottsdale than a college, with great desert plantings and lots of modern buildings.  (For athletes, it's a bit of a hike from Pitzer to Pomona, BTW) Scripps is small and very pretty, with lots greenery, ironwork, stucco and red tile roofs.  It's kind of like a romanticized mini version of Stanford or Santa Clara.  Mudd is to me, frankly, ugly. Except for the new CS center, which is cool, it's all poured concrete monoliths and looks like it was designed by Soviet architects.

Good point about being a student at Pitzer and playing for Pomona-Pitzer...Pomona is a little bit of a hike.  I think a lot of people dont realize they are actually two different schools but play together.  Same goes for Claremont and Mudd.