Skip to main content

Reply to "Class Average Metrics"

57special posted:

The only kid on my son's HS team who went P5 ran a 7.2/60, and had an exit velo of 84. His arm was OK. 80 inf. He had a decent glove, but nothing special. All these measurables were taken when he was 16/17.

Why was he taken by this strong program? He can hit the ball a long way, was a HS star, and he played on a  good travel team for years, which allowed RC's to see if he could actually play baseball.

According to what I read at times on this site, he didn't have a chance to get on at a P5. 

Either all of you guys have some fantastically talented kids, or you are exaggerating your numbers. I just want to tell the Dad's who have sons that do not run 6.6 /60's, or throw high 80's across the diamond, have 90+ exit velo's(really?), or have sub 2.0 pop times(all by the age of 15 , no less), that there is still hope, especially if your boy is one of those who can actually play the game.

Do you all drive 300 yds. straight off the tee? Catch monster fish, too?

I would venture to say the kid you mentioned is rare.  I see a ton of kids with much higher metrics that are not committed at all, let alone to a P5.  Ive seen quite a few kids throwing 89-90 who aren’t either.  Maybe we just see it more in southern states but the metrics you say are lies are not unusual.