Skip to main content

Reply to "Class L Baseball in New Hampshire"

KmomNH, I am not as knowledgable about teams in the other classes but I have a pretty good idea of specific players to keep an eye out for, such as Dan Evans from Mascoma Regional High School. This young man has all the tools, and a phenominal work ethic that can not be taught. Keep a look out for this young man this spring, I exchanged emails with him last month he will be attending Franklin Pierce this fall which I feel is a great addition to a very strong roster. Next David Brandt, Hopkinton High School. This kid is a natural athelete with a baseball player's mind and can he run. In the State of NH, speaking only of High School players I would say he is one of the top 10 shortstops in the State, my number one pick Brad Zapenas from Nashua. Also from Hopkinton keep an eye out for a kid named Evan Levy, my sources tell me that on the mound the kid can flat bring it, and he will only be a junior this season. From Pelham catcher Bryan Toupin will also be a junior this spring, behind the plate he receives the ball very well and handles pitchers in a very mature manner for a player his age. Finally one of my all time favorite players Larry Longo from Derryfield. 2008 Player of the Year, forget the fact he plays in Class S, too often do I hear the pharse, he's good for Class S. The size of the Class DOES NOT MATTER. My view is each player should be evalutated on their individual performance and not have the Class they play in factored into their ability level. Longo would hit in Class M, Class I, Class L and he will hit in the Little East next spring when he is playing for Keene State College. My preseason pick for player of the year is Larry Longo.