Skip to main content

Reply to "Class of 2015 standouts!"

Having increasingly older kids on the Little League diamond may have helped the core constituency of LL, that being the purely recreational player, in some sense. My personal take on it was that it was foolhardy and dangerous to put more and more big kids on that diamond, with baseballs whistling around faster and faster off kids' bats, etc. Everyone else at that age level was in the process of moving to 50/70 dimensions, but for some reason LL went the opposite direction.

The aging date change was part of a move to align everyone, in stages, with the international competition practice of using January 1. Meaning, someday they're going to move it again. I just hope when they do so, they also force "12's" (by that standard at that point) to play on a bigger diamond.

It certainly doesn't help a 7th grader to play at 46/60 dimensions -- at least, not a kid who's looking to play for his middle school or high school team.

As for why you have 2014's on 15u rosters, I don't doubt that happens but I suspect it has more to do with a desire to win than anything else. That and the fact that 14-15 is the transition period where youth travel team players move to high school exposure-oriented ball and maybe some haven't completed the transition yet.
Last edited by Midlo Dad