Skip to main content

Reply to "Cliff Lee"

quote:
Originally posted by Nicholas25:
No Way Guys, we take full responsibility for our play. We do not allow excuses! Yesterday in practice the players hopefully learned a lesson, and payed a price for not showing up to play.

Nicholas, I'm an old veteran of the game. I've been in a few hundred wins (600+) and only about 150-200 losses. So, I hope that you think I've been around some. I've coached baseball in this country and was once honored to represent our country abroad in both Lithuania and Russia. You keep saying that you want to make sure that the game is taught right. Right in who's estimation? Who's unwritten rules are you going by? Who made you the judge on all of this? You have some great baseball people in this thread. I read some of their responses both in this thread and elsewhere on this site and to be honest, they have given you very sound advice. I don't want to offend any of them by leaving their names out but Will, Redbird et. al. have no stake in this and they have stated that this rule of 8 and no bunting and no stealing isn't an UNWRITTEN RULE. Heck, the advice to worry about your team is great advice. You don't have any control over the opponent. Control what you do. You can take a situation like this and make it what you want. My bet, and agreeing with the others, is that they wanted to short game you so that it would end. They'd save thier pitcher's arm and they'd get their players home. More than once or twice I've done this and no one has ever said a word. Now, if it were a larger lead and we had the game won, then, that might have been different.

Nicholas, I used the above quote from the first page and wanted to address this. So, are you suggesting that you punished these kids? That is what I take out of this. So, did you do baseball which they sorely need or did you run them? Did you run them telling them how much heart they lacked, how they backed off and how they are losers? Nicholas, I hope you didn't. If so, what you proved is that you took a bunch of guys that have limited skills and wasted a day when they could get better by replacing it with a day where you made them hate baseball. I'd appreciate knowing but really, that's ok. Nicholas, I've done this for a long time as I've said, don't assume that because people don't agree with you that they are wrong and don't know baseball. Use these resources to improve. Don't take it all personal. You have a lot of people here that have been there and done that. Believe me, I'm in awe of a few in this thred. Take care!

Ironhorse, great comment on page 1.