Skip to main content

Reply to "Cliff Lee"

Nicholas,

After you have thought through the list I provided, here is something else to think on. What do you say to the players in practice? That is important! I have sayings that I constantly scream, say, repeat, ...

• Take one day off and you know it. Take two days off and your opponent knows it. Take three days off and everyone knows it.
  • Repetition is no fun but it's the reason we have won.
  • In the warrior's code there's no surrender. Though your body says quit, your spirit cries never. Deep in your soul's an undying ember that knows it you against you. That's the paradox that drives us all.
  • Don't be sorry. Be better!
  • There are three types of people in this world. Those that makes things happen. Those that watch things happen. And, those to whom things happen!
  • Excellence IS EXPECTED!

Nicholas, you can go to our Middle School and ask any ball player any of these and they'll instantly know them. In fact, you can go all the way down to 4th grade and you'll find some young men that will know them. That is how you turn a program around. You know what, until then you're going to get your lunch handed to you. BUT, once you have it moving and growing, it will thrive on itself. Winning will beget winning IF you allow it to happen. JMHO!