Reply to "Clinics, Camps & Prospects Camps, Is there a Difference?"

ARCEKU21 posted:
dadof2ballplayers posted:

My philosophy on this is when in doubt and you can swing it financially do it. I tell my two boys let’s not have any regrets when this is over in a few years.  I’d rather them look back and say they tried and didn’t work out rather than wonder what would have happened if we would have went to a schools camp, and specially when talking about a “dream school”. It worked out for my oldest, a camp in December was where he got on the radar, they followed him the following summer and ultimately resulted in an offer and commitment. Now I’m following the same path with my youngest and if doesn’t work out then at least we won’t wonder what if. It’s also a good time experience you can have with your son.  Good luck. 

The "what if" is what we are facing right now. My son has attended on P5 camp already, which an offer came out of. He has another P5 camp schedule mid January. The weekend after that another P5 school wants him to come out to their camp. The first January camp already constitutes some significant travel, but it's a school that is in my son's top 5 list. The other possible January camp is also significant travel and it's a school that recently started talking to my son. We are trying to decide whether the expense is worth going out to that school. I think my son already has his mind set on a couple of schools, one which includes the one he received the offer from. But I would hate to limit him to seeing an option and maybe it ends up replacing another school on his short list.

Your son is a freshman who has not played a high school game yet, correct. Your son has plenty of time. He can politely tell any coach that he isn't ready to make any decisions.  Don't be afraid. He can be the one to drive the bus, not them.

 

×
×
×
×