Skip to main content

Reply to "Coach cussing out HS players"

Originally Posted by Soylent Green:

The "so what" is that it only takes one or two parents or players hitting the record button on their iPhone, capturing the coaches rant, typing up a transcript to go with it, handing it to the AD and superintendent along with a formal complaint... And the coach is probably gone, or at the least seriously reprimanded.  "Wait, I'ma ol' school coach" won't make for much of a defense.  And the fact that 95% of the players and parents are totally supportive of the coach won't matter either.

That's just reality today, whether we like it or not.  Gotta be smart.

Not a good idea because you can bet there will be some parents who will go to bat for coach and it will divide players and parents. He's not calling kids f ing losers or anything personal just cursed in anger in general way. For all we know this was a one time deal out of frustration. Would u like to lose your job over one bad decision, comment?

If a parent is a perfect human being who never makes a mistake go ahead I guess. Bit judgemental in my book. Hope kid doesn't think it's ok to tape at work or in classroom when they don't agree w something. Can be a slippery slope.