Skip to main content

Reply to "Coach holding a grudge against a player for for retaliation against parent."

Yes HS. Yes I know I don't want to make it personal. Nor do I even want to talk to the coach, I see very little benefit in that other than personal satisfaction which is not really of any value to me.

What I did to his sons was not give in to their selfishness, un-coachablility and parental attacks on playing time and positioning of them. Youngest never played on the big field had lots to learn and oldest made many costly errors on infield and flourished defensively in outfield didn't like being there. Never got a hit that year and refused to bunt despite probably being the fastest guy in the league. This guy attacked my coaching after just 1 game of play and quoted seniority as a basis of playing time and positioning for which I did not subscribe to. 'Tis ironic he doesn't either as a coach. There is a ton of other history but that's the basis of it

As far as believing what others are telling us.... We are not asking for input on our son. This is unsolicited input. There are a lot of people are just fed up with this guy as a soccer coach for many different reasons unrelated to my situation and related is some ways and there is a lot of upset parents, which there always is, but even the parents of the players that get whole games of playing time are complaining...its really a bizarre situation to me that I can't fully comprehend. Some of those parents are asking me what can be done to change things and I have no answers for them unfortunately. I'm just trying to fly under the radar so to speak and help my son work through his frustrations without making it worse for him and potentially help the team. My son knows the reason why he's getting mistreated and is trying to work through it without bringing up the elephant in the room. But it seems like this coach maybe wants that elephant to be seen...like maybe he'll get some satisfaction if I come at him, but I see that as pointless and not changing anything.

This article seems to sum up the mindset of this guy, Its quite scary how accurate it seems....https://www.competitivedge.com...ir-coaches-revisited