Skip to main content

Reply to "Coach holding a grudge against a player for for retaliation against parent."

I will agree with some.  We have never had a problem with a coach, even the bad ones.  I cannot imagine even a bad coach sitting his best player.  The ones who complain, and I have heard enough of them as a parent and a coach, is the middle to bottom ones.  I've never heard of a coach sitting or treating his best players bad.  Even the bad ones can see who are the best players.   BUT.  I have seen very good coaches sit a good player because of bad parents.  I've done it.  I've sent one home for a week because of his parents.  You don't get paid enough to deal with bad parents.  I've also seen some very good players not get scholarships or offers because of bad parents.  You can think that is wrong but who wants to deal with an obnoxious parent  for four years.  I don't consider that a bad coach.  And yes I think it is okay for a coach to hold a grudge against a player because of how his parents act.  I've banned parents from games and didn't pick players because of their parents.  I've even broken up a team because I got tired of the parents.  Loved the kids but hated the drama.