Skip to main content

Reply to "Coach initiates email; then no response"

c5tx posted:

Yes...they have asked for grades; and his ACT.  I'll encourage him to continue pursuing the ones he has interest in.  I think you are right about the D1.  I am pretty sure those coaches at this school are still going to camps etc. and are not done looking at players.  So I am guessing the D1 is just getting a list of potential pitchers before they decide?  One of the D3 asked him to choose a date for a visit.  He replied with a preferred date but no response.   I am hoping communication will pick up next week.   Do you all know if the college coaches see the kid's ACT score and academic info in the packet they receive from Headfirst?  

Coaches are always going to camps, etc. That's their job, that usually stops when spring arrives. 

I am not as familiar with D3, but I do know,  that they do not give out athletic scholarships, so they have to make sure one can pass the academic requirements before they can even consider offering a chance to attend their program.

FWIW, the one thing that I am seeing is that responses take time, you would be shocked to hear about what goes on in one day of the life of a college coach!!!