Skip to main content

Reply to "Coach Prime, HS recruiting"

What PABaseball and adbono just said accurately describes some of my thoughts.  I typed up something similar but I ended up deleting it as I'm not sure I was able to accurate convey what was in my mind.

Coach Prime definitely made a big impact in Colorado's football program, and deserves kudos and credit for it.  Yes, he and his team has a brashness (or confidence) they exude that can be off putting to me, but again, that may just be my different personality/preference.

However, what probably irritates and rubs people the wrong way most of all is that the hype, attention and praise Colorado is getting from the media (mass media like ESPN and social media) does not reflect their actual on-field performance and success.  They are not saying that Coach Prime and Colorado did not accomplish anything, or are not doing something noteworthy.  It's just that another team that has accomplished what they have done so far (but without a coach that has Coach's Prime's talent for publicity and hype) probably would not have been featured in College Gameday yet at this point.  And when people criticize and challenge the narrative, they get accused of making it personal or even racism.

This is just my observation as I have not really participated in the public conversation on this (this discussion in this board is probably the most I've shared my thoughts on this topic).