Skip to main content

Reply to "Coach's Son"

CoachB25 posted:

As an FYI, a HS coach runs his team and program as he sees fit and for the good of all and not each individual.  If you don't like it, take your son off of the team or quit b...g.  Bobbybaseball expects a HS coach to give in to the whims of 18-22 players who have their own selfish goals without regards to the team itself.  He must have had a HS coach piss in his cheerios.  

I never said HS Baseball is bad or that anyone pissed in my cheerios...  I am saying that a good coach would communicate with his players, explain his philosophy and, in the process, address the players concerns about being recruited.   If coach is worth a dime, he's take an active role in promoting players and REALLY developing them to be successful at their new position(s).   That good coach also might have an idea how to construct a lineup based on the talent he has...   The Shuffle coach is the guy that has no clue on how to do that... so he just throws mud at the wall and see what sticks... 

If you read the thread, you might have gleamed that there are certain HS coaches that don't care about their athletes and AREN"T doing those things.  HENCE, HS baseball is going to give way to Travel/Club ball (when it comes to recruiting, development and talent identification).   Why???  Because kids ARE quiting and taking their bats and gloves elsewhere...  So you kinda made my point with that comment.

BTW, seems to me that about 70% of the threads here evolve around advancing to next levels by way of recruiting, scouting etc.   Seems to be a legitimate concern that is successfully being addressed outside of HS baseball.  All I'm saying is, maybe HS Baseball needs to evolve to.... errr..... COMPETE?

or.. accept rec league status...  

I'm not calling for it's demise, just casting a light on the warts that are going to cause it.

Last edited by BobbyBaseball