Skip to main content

Reply to "Coach's Son"

Bobby, I misunderstood and apologize.  I do talk to my players but have been in on their recruitment since most were freshmen.  The problem with coaching a HS program is that you have to have the best mix on the field with players who play for multiple teams at a given position.  I gave the example of what I had to do with my daughter.  In the end, I could not be selfish and play her where she was getting recruited.  

I will add another comment that was made to me by a former player of mine who's team went to state.  In the stands it seems as if when he played that parents wore the school's colors/shirts/clothing.  Now, it seems as if they are wearing their TB clothing and according to him, it is like a game long bragging contest about what TB teams their child plays on, who is on that team from other schools, ...  Then, he mentioned that he found it odd that parents were constantly on their phones contacting parents from other schools letting everyone know about how their child has done in the game.  I had not noticed that but did this weekend when my team played.  Sure enough, and I am coaching softball now, every time a player did well, a phone came out from that parent.