Skip to main content

Reply to "Coach wants D3 position player to pitch"

Thanks for all the feedback - it's good to hear other's perspectives. 

JCG, you asked if he was asking for my help - no, he wasn't and his attitude is 100% do what coach is asking and do his best at it.  He texted us that he had pitched an inning at an intersquad and so we called him to hear more about it -  he said mostly the others were excited to see him pitch but said it's possible that some might feel negatively.  But what everyone here has said is right - at this point they've been around long enough and well, they just have to deal with it and work harder if they think he's taking a spot they could have had.  

57Special - I do worry about his arm too and having this impact his position playing.  He was saying that his arm was hurting last night.  That would be the worst if this impacts his regular play in his senior year.  I sure hope that doesn't happen.  

I'm sitting here recalling how I came on this board before he started college trying to find out about recruiting etc. - now, here he is a senior, has had a great time at school, academically, personally, and on the field, and he has a job offer at a good company for after graduation.  Wow time sure flies.  Thanks to everyone who contributes on these boards, it is really very helpful to so many!

JCG posted:

Is he asking for your help? I guess every kid is different but I can’t imagine a senior player asking for parental help with anything involving baseball, unless it involves paying for something.